Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got the Bike (72' CL350) out on the road yesterday (finally) and boy what a ride. It was really nice movin down the road. My only complaint would be the clutch. It feels like I have to really squeeze on the lever to get it to disengage which then makes me have to really pull with my foot to get it to shift. I tried to loosen the nut and turn the tension screw to loosen a bit. When I did that and shifted into first to drive off the bike began to move on me with the lever pulled. So.. do I have this wound too tight?? Do I need to oil the cable/and How?? Do you think some thing is outawack?? Also, I believe that the Hotter the engine got the harder it was to shift, up or down. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. One more bit of info, I removed the stock handle bars for clubman handle bars, does this pinch the cable in a weird way?? I noticed there is more cable sticking out since the distance is less with the clubman bars. Thanks again. :D :mrgreen: :D

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
R_O_M173 said:
I removed the stock handle bars for clubman handle bars, does this pinch the cable in a weird way?? I noticed there is more cable sticking out since the distance is less with the clubman bars. Thanks again. :D :mrgreen: :D
That's entirely possible - the cable routing could also affect it.......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
In the end you may just wanna call up MotionPro and have them make you a custom length clutch cable. They make very nice quality cables. It would take care of the length problem and eliminate any worn cable issues...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thanks, I just looked up Motion Pro and I will get a shorter cable made and a luber. I hope this Helps, if not, I'm go to start really working out my left hand (only). It will be huge!!! :evil: :p :evil:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
They may want you to send your old one to them just to verify, but I doubt it. Make double sure that your measurements are correct before contacting them.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, i just wanted to update by saying that I lubed the cable and that freed it up. Now the clutch moves more freely and feels a lot better. No more hand cramps. Thanks again all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts