Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all...

I bought a honda 72' cb450 K6 for a starter bike and it ran for a short time, and now I can't get it to run... i am not mechanically inclined and would appreciate any help I can get to get er' running again. Once cylinder fires, and sometimes the other does, (i can tell by the exhaust ones hot and ones cold) im sorry don't know what else to say so far, willing to take any advice and help I can... thanks in advance

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome. Poke around the 450 section. I'm sure you can find a digital copy of the Honda shop manual. Print it. Love it. I believe it will have a troubleshooting guide in the back. Start there.

I bet you'll find what you're looking for by looking around some.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
delibakery said:
hey all...

I bought a honda 72' cb450 K6 for a starter bike and it ran for a short time, and now I can't get it to run... i am not mechanically inclined and would appreciate any help I can get to get er' running again. Once cylinder fires, and sometimes the other does, (i can tell by the exhaust ones hot and ones cold) im sorry don't know what else to say so far, willing to take any advice and help I can... thanks in advance
What's your city in Michigan??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys,
thanks for your help, it was the points, cleaned em a little and the bike is running, needs to be tuned and and dialed in but at a good place right now, now needing the front brake fixed!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Did you lube the cam when you were done cleaning the points?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts