Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the build begins. Or for now the tear down. Found this piece of work on E-bay for $400.00. No title no keys a real barn find. It hasn't been on the road since 1982 so it is ready to be reborn. Thinking of calling her the Black Widow because all of the little bitches I found breeding on her. This should be a good spring/summer project to keep me busy and out of trouble. Going for a cafe style because I love the old style racers. Funny thing is, that back in the day when I was a Honda mechanic I worked on plenty of these beauties and always wanted to own one. Well I got my wish granted kinda.[attachment=0:1jjj3sa3]day_1.jpg[/attachment:1jjj3sa3]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have one of those and love it. Just got off it as a matter of fact. Get the title fixed before you do anything. You can get keys made at a good locksmith with just the key number which is on the swithces, or a Honda dealer may have them as well.
Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Working on the Title this week. Hard to do since California is broke and the DMV is only open 2 weeks a month. But it came back not stolen, :D so should be good to go after the inspection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So got all the title stuff straightened out with the DMV so she is legal. Taking the engine out tonight which should be fun since the last person rounded all the clutch cover screw heads off. But if it was easy it wouldn't be so much fun. I'll post some more pics when I have her stripped down. Was thinking of putting some aluminum racing wheels on her. Anyone have a good hook up for that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vin # Badge

So I have the motor out and on the bench. The frame is really grimy but is nice and straight. I was worried it wouldn't be because the bike had some front end damage. I'm going to get the frame sandblasted but I'm worried about losing the Vin# badge. Has anyone removed one of these and reattached it without major damage?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts