Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm in the process of restoring this CL350, and I want to make sure there isn't something horrible going on.

As I work through issues, I'm try and start the bike, and maybe half the time it will make this awful buzzer noise when letting go of the electric starter. The bike will start and run for a few seconds, so it doesn't appear to be engine related(?)

I tried to google it, but everything I found was a bad starter motor, which sounds different from what i'm hearing.

Anyway, Here's a video if anyone has had the same problem and can point me in the right direction.

thanks!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It's just the starter clutch "chattering" a bit as it slows down... probably nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't slip during cranking. after a ride of decent length and time to get more oil circulated in the area of the starter clutch, the rollers in the clutch assembly will get more lube on them and it will probably quiet down or completely stop making that noise

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Sounds like the starter over-running clutch assy., on the back of the rotor needs some attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts