Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first motorcycle and I am going to be changing out the rectifier today. I picked up the one from radioshack and am ready to start soldering. my question- im sure that the order matters on the rectifier should i just keep the same order as the original? and does it matter what post i start on on the rectifier?

thanks everyone!

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
YES!..... A rectifier is a "bridge" of diodes which ARE directional..... match your new rectifier's schematic (not its physical appearance) to the orientation shown on the Honda schematic ... ( hint: use the "arrows" in each diode as the flow direction) Think of all the "arrows' as pointing the "path" towards the red/white wire.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all set! thank you for your help everything's soldered nice and heat shrinked. I have heard that a lot of people running these cb/ cls run without a voltage regulator do you recommend this?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Not unless you constantly check the battery fluid level, and don't mind replacing your battery more often.......Anything over the 14.2 volts the regulator limits the re-charging voltage to is likely to "cook" the battery...... I run the regs.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really appreciate your help. This is my first bike and it has been a learning process. I had just recently found this site (thank god!)..

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Honda used the same regulator on 175's, 200's, 350's, 360's, and 450's, (twin cylinder bikes) so one should be easy to locate.... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts