Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bit of a weird issue with my blinkers and I'm not really sure what could be causing it.

To give a little background when I first got this bike I put a new battery in and tested the bulbs, they were all expectedly dead so I replaced the blinkers and taillight and they all worked without an issue. The headlight was burned out and was a sealed beam so I opted to replace it with an after market headlight.

The after market headlight draws more power so the front blinkers then started to blink dimly or sometimes not at all, but the rear blinkers worked fine still.

I decided that I would then upgrade all the bulbs I could to LED's and hope that it would give enough extra power to not cause the front blinkers to dim. So I ordered a new blinker relay and the lights and replaced them.

My issue is now all of my lights work but my front blinkers, they don't turn on, they don't blink, nothing. I'm not really sure what would cause this any ideas?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Which wire did you connect to ground? Most led bulbs wont light if hooked up, reverse polarity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which wire did you connect to ground? Most led bulbs wont light if hooked up, reverse polarity.
They're the single wire turn signals, so they should be grounding themselves from their casing or a washer thing. Which having typed that out I think I just realized my problem is probably that my headlight isn't grounded so they can't ground.

I'll try it tomorrow and come back to give the results.

·
Sensei
27,021 Posts
The headlight mount "ears" are rubber cushioned, hence the green wires to the mount nuts inside the headlight shell, which grounds the ears and signals through the mount bolts......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts