Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

i have disassembled my engine cause of my crankshaft and flywheel rotor problem.now i have to assemble it back but i have no idea how to start :)
can anyone give me some advise or is there any video or link that can help this moron to finish it.

·
Sensei
27,069 Posts
How far is it disassembled?.......Phone 540-525-5199....Steve

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
...or maybe some pictures. It is pretty much reassembled in the reverse order of disassembly. If you didn't take photos or notes of the disassemble, you should look at some of the build logs posted on this site.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are a couple of pics but i have gone more than that :)
after i've seen some metal dust in my oil i have taken it all apart and seen my rotor broken but the good thing is that i have labeled everything.
I have changed my crankshaft, flywheel rotor and some mechanic guy told me i should change my piston rings too (no matter what) although some other mechanic guy say they're in good condition.i know i can follow some user manual books for assembly but i was wondering if there's anyone else done this before and maybe videotaped or took some pics while doing cause i know for sure there will be a lot of problems i can't figure out with the book since this is my first bike and i have no experience.

IMG_2632.JPG IMG_2635 (1).JPG IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2636.JPG

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Looks like you have a full teardown on your hands. For starters, you will need to establish every part you put in is within service limits. I think the folks on this site can help.

Normally, the crank and transmission is installed in the top half of the crank case. I would suggest you post detailed photos of that. The rod small ends need to be checked for size and the big end needs to be checked for radial play. Then the transmission shifting forks need to be checked for fit with the shift rings. Once they have been checked and set in the case, the lower part of the case will need to be sealed to the upper half.

Do you have a manual? If not send me a PM with your email address and I will send one to you. Also, go into the 450 DOHC engine section of this forum and start looking at what others have done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you have a full teardown on your hands. For starters, you will need to establish every part you put in is within service limits. I think the folks on this site can help.

Normally, the crank and transmission is installed in the top half of the crank case. I would suggest you post detailed photos of that. The rod small ends need to be checked for size and the big end needs to be checked for radial play. Then the transmission shifting forks need to be checked for fit with the shift rings. Once they have been checked and set in the case, the lower part of the case will need to be sealed to the upper half.

Do you have a manual? If not send me a PM with your email address and I will send one to you. Also, go into the 450 DOHC engine section of this forum and start looking at what others have done.
I can't send you pm i don't know why.
my e-mail is [email protected] and thank you for help.
i will post some more pic when i finished painting my engine cover and start assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
This looks like a great learning exercise! I'm sure it seems daunting now but soon you'll have it back together and you'll know this motor better than the back of your hand. One of the hardest things to learn is not to be afraid to back up, disassemble things and recheck your work. It's far better than the alternative.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yesterday i started painting my engine case and today i'll apply clear coating on it.here are some pics.
i hope tomorrow or the day after i'll start assembling.as you see everything is in a box. thanks god my brother knows a little more than i do, so i hope we can handle this. IMG_2780.JPG IMG_2782.JPG IMG_2783.JPG IMG_2784.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thank you for the manual but you forgot sending the 3rd part.
that would be great if you can send the 3rd part when you get a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts