Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Feel really lucky i stumbled onto this forum/site. Have been reading the posts for a week or so...and then decided to introduce myself.

I'm working on a '72 cb450 5k with 5k miles.

I've ridden intermittently since i was 12 years old or so...but have not owned a bike for 20 years.

One bourbon saturated night last fall i went onto Craig's list and searched "motorcycles". This CB came up nearby. I made the mistake of going to look at it....because i fell in love & there was no turning back even though it didn't run.
Guy i bought it from said the guy he bought if from let it sit in his driveway with no protection several years. My guy was going to try and cafe it out and stored it in a barn for several more years but ultimately didn't know how to do the work...and never did anything to it.
I'm pretty mechanical and did my own work on my '72 VW camper van through high school and college....so i "knew i could do it". well, turns out....haha...so glad i found this site...will soon be posting in the 450's section for some tips.

Oh, any advice on title? I have the original title for the bike. Though, for whatever reason, no one signed it over to anyone else...ie.....the guy i bought it from didn't have it signed to him...(so hope it isn't stolen...but stolen with title? doubtful). I also have the bill of sale from my purchase with him. Am also going to finally make that trip to the DMV to see if i can get specific answers because all the literature is a bit vague. But any input is welcome.

thanks in advance...great to find such an active site

Attachments

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey hugo,
great...will follow your progress as well. como se falla? - "i don't read Portuguese"?... or i would gladly read your blog...great pics though.
truckel

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good luck. I'm making the trip to DMV today to get the title sorted out on my bike. Always a fun task.

Have you tried getting it to run yet?

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts