Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently got my engine and carbs back in the frame and I attempted to get the throttle cable hooked up and synced. When I got it installed on both ends, the new throttle tube has over 1/8th of a turn worth of slack on the cable. The Y'ed cables both pull at the same time when I twist the throttle and they easily return as well. It also seems that no matter how I attempt to adjust the tension at either the carbs or the handlebar, it doesn't make up enough of the slack that's in the cable.

When I first got the bike the original throttle cable was a bit gummy but when I took the carbs off and cleaned them, I didn't have this issue.

I also compared the length of the original to the replacement and my replacement is only just a few millimeters longer than the original.

I'm at a bit of a loss here. I mean, its a throttle cable... I got the cable in the basic kit from 4into1.

Control Cable Set - Honda CB350K

Thanks!
Logan

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Is the throttle sleeve in the correct position in the handlebar housing?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Try measuring the housing versus your original cable, if you have it. I’ve found that Motion Pro cables often vary in the length of the housing - they sometimes still work, but they can be a pain to get adjusted right. Mine (also MP) is almostly completely out to take up the slack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts