Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nice find!:grin: Not everybody has a wife that would bring that home.

Not a bad bike either.

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
581 Posts
You apparently have very different thrift stores where you are. I've never seen a motorcycle at one around here.

Reactions: ctrider

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thrift Score!

I saw two CA77s in a Phoenix vintage shop for $1500 about 20 years ago, one had James Bond decals. I shouldn't have passed, and you're lucky your wife didn't. Good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I agree, I've never seen a motorcycle in any thrift store around here... what a great find, and the kind of wife every bike rider hopes for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you and yes my wife is amazing

The thrift store it was at is a church based one they sell the donations to fund church programs have never seen a motorcycle at one before but have seen cars.

some more pics for ya 20180917_074147.jpg 20180917_074545.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was right side up on my computer strange
Carbs have been boiled soaked in cleaner and rebuilt. It got its first oil change there wasn't a mark on the drain plug so looks like the 141.8 miles is true plate expired 1974. Fixed Throttle and brake rear lever waiting on a part for the front should be here later today along with some tires.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Only 141 Miles, wow! Great find. According to the dealer decal that bike was originally from my area of Upstate SC. Cool deal. Does your wife have a sister?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was at a salvation army thrift store earlier today and spotted an old Harley Davidson parked by the donations, turned out it belonged to one of the guys who worked there.

I don't know if I could handle temptation like that. Am a weak man

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Does Georgia have a process where you could register it and run the vintage license plate? That would be cool. I know you can do it in SC if the tag matches the year of the bike.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Does Georgia have a process where you could register it and run the vintage license plate? That would be cool. I know you can do it in SC if the tag matches the year of the bike.
A lot of states let you run "year of manufacture" plates for old bikes and cars -- I always did it, cooler than historic vehicle plates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New tires are on. Front brakes are fixed needed a new lever. Points cleaned and new coil now have spark
The tank has been degreased.

20180919_153201.jpg

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
it was right side up on my computer strange
Carbs have been boiled soaked in cleaner and rebuilt. It got its first oil change there wasn't a mark on the drain plug so looks like the 141.8 miles is true plate expired 1974. Fixed Throttle and brake rear lever waiting on a part for the front should be here later today along with some tires.
That's an awesome find (very nice wife as well)
There's 141 miles on that clock...... But that looks like a cb350 steel surrounded speedo, the cb175 should have a plastic surround. Also the mufflers rust out fast but not 141 miles fast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there plastic
all the chrome on this bike is junk the rear rim had to be replaced from rust
inside the hubs was mint no brake dust buildup shoes there thick. Oil plug didn't have any tool marks. tag expired 74 so on the road max 2 years. everything points to the 141.8 miles is right

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
there plastic
all the chrome on this bike is junk the rear rim had to be replaced from rust
inside the hubs was mint no brake dust buildup shoes there thick. Oil plug didn't have any tool marks. tag expired 74 so on the road max 2 years. everything points to the 141.8 miles is right
The tach body looks like it's the right plastic
But the speedo looks different in the photo you posted 20180916_120656.jpg
It should look like this
speedometer-assy_big37200453671-01_33fe.jpg
But if they're the same, who am I to disagree
The 175's are awesome fun and super easy to work on regardless

1 - 20 of 28 Posts