Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confident my crank and rods are in good shape. However, I've went this far so I'm looking into rebuilding with new components. Would it not be worth it? Who among us has experience completing such a task? I'd like to ask some questions if I may. I've found every part I'd need on FleaBay and DavidSilverspares.com I've just never done a rebuild of this sort. I can't find anything on the net about pressed pin cranks. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Quixote? (I think that the spelling) has a build thread where he does one that's good. I think it's his thread:)
Yes Jack did, so have Patrick and Zeke and A couple of people over on do the ton.
You can use a bottle jack press (a few ton) to pop them apart. Mark them first for re assembly. youll need some vee blocks, a couple of dial gauges and a copper hammer to get them trued ( which is the hard part)

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Over here in the UK there are several places that rebuild twin and triple cylinder two stroke crankshafts. I've never asked, but I'm sure they'd be able to do a 175 crank, using same kit.

Situation must be the same in the US, plenty of two strokes needing rebuilds for crank seals and bearings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts