Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I just picked up a CL175, and had to swap one of the carbs out because it had two right carbs. Well when I got the used carb, it was stripped and is only the carb itself.... So I don't have the correct a/f valve..... So the question I have is; should try to track one down (or a whole other carb) and try to get this thing on the road, or spend a little more and get Mikuni's?

If I get the Mukuni's will they bolt up, or will I need new manifolds?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
If you get new Mikunis or new Kei-Hins you WILL need new manifolds..... Before you spend a couple hundred dollars on carbs plus what manifolds cost, Check out ebay.... 175 carb sets have been/gone for cheap if you are patient...... If you are impatient, I'll sell you a used stock pair for $80 plus shipping..... Or just the side you need for $50+ ..... I'd need to know which venturi size and jetting you actually have to match it up......
Before you choose which way to go, you should check the compression, go over the engine, change oil, etc.......
You COULD simply CUT the manifolds you have and rotate the ends, re-coupling them with hose and clamps.... I did this mod to run vert carbs on my 175 sloper..(see pic) You have to carefully file/sand to remove the "ribs" on the manifolds.....Here is the mod before cutting....

HOWEVER, Other than the (now) separate chokes and difficulty adjusting (idle and air-mix screws on the inside) the "wrong" side carb will run the bike........
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts