Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, all I *know* I need is a pair of side covers that'll fit. Rumour says 1970 and 1971 should be the same, other years who knows? Oh yeah, and a kick start lever!

If you have a really good SEAT I could use that too!

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
I have quite a few 175 bits.....Can't help on the sidecovers, and you'll need at least a left CL one to clear the pipes....I'll look for an extra kicker...Might have a 71 CL seat.
E-mail me at: [email protected] ...... Steve

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@brid76mojo - Got that, thanks. They look really nice.

Damn, people are proud of their side covers though :-( that CL listing seems to be about the going rate.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
You'll be looking a while if you want a set that's much cheaper than that.. Personally, if I wanted side covers bad enough, then I'd jump on that set and never look back.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're just making shipping arrangements... wrong colour but they do look in good shape.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
You'll be looking a while if you want a set that's much cheaper than that.. Personally, if I wanted side covers bad enough, then I'd jump on that set and never look back.

GB :mrgreen:
Those covers went in the mail to me last week... thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still in the market for -

A carb float bowl for the CL175 (I have one with holes in the bottom... bad gas leak!)
A kick lever

Now that I have the bike running I can see it needs some engine help. Compression test first, then maybe new rings needed. We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts