Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hi everyone! Happy to be here. Recently began the rebuild of my 71' cb350. I'm currently replacing the motor mount bolts and I have them all switched out but the rubber grommet between the washer and the engine is worn out on both the right and left side of the engine. Is there a place to buy replacements or can I get away with bolting the engine to the frame without them? The stainless steel bolt kit (from alloy bolts) didn't include replacements so I'm wondering if maybe they are not necessary or if the engine will vibrate against the frame too much without them. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome! I just finished rebuilding my cb350 from 71 and couldn't have done it without this site. Is yours green or gold?

I'm not sure I would run it without rubber, but I'm no expert. If you haven't already found this site, it's a gold mine of info and parts fiche: Honda CB350K3 SUPER SPORT 1971 USA parts lists and schematics

When I needed something I would find it there and type it into ebay or david silver spares.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome, but it was more of a question than an introduction to let us know about you and your bike. That said, your situation is going to get worse if you don't get the proper parts for your lower case motor mount bolts. You're missing a very important spacer, and there were never any rubber components there to begin with. I suspect someone did that because parts got lost when the engine was out once, happens to a lot of people. Without the spacer (#4) in the fiche below, you'll eventually crack the left lug on the lower case (left side while sitting on the bike, the only proper orientation)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wasn't even thinking. You'll have a tough time finding one I bet for sale. Best bet would be to ask members around here or get one machined. Definitely need that spacer, it's a pretty massive gap without it.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Yep... I might have a spare, but I have a full patina all-original '69 CB350 project on the horizon and I might actually need it... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see the space where the spacer (part #4) in the diagram is supposed to go is empty. I don't have any parts that look like they would fill that gap, do you have any ideas where I could find one? Have one laying around that I could take off your hands? Also thank you for reminding me I forgot the introduction! This is my first rebuild and my first time on a forum like this so I'm unsure what the proper etiquette is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, here is a full shot of the bike in the shed I'm doing the project in. It's been chopped up and passed around and the tank has been sanded down, I wish I could tell you the original color but it's always looked like this since I've had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts