Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CB450K3 1970. I need some dust boots for the forks.
Either design- (short that fit inside fork leg, or the bigger kind that fit over the fork leg and hug the fork tube) if that makes sense. Just not for sure which size to get.
I don't want the accordion gaitors.
Wondering if like the CB500 or CB750 dust boots fit the 70 &71 CB450 forks?

If somebody could point me in the correct direction, much appreciation!

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
You will need different headlight mounts. The stock ones are pretty ugly without the gators. Then when you get inside to the fork tubs, chances are they are corroded pretty bad. Replacements cost about $240 per set.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
You will need different headlight mounts. The stock ones are pretty ugly without the gators. Then when you get inside to the fork tubs, chances are they are corroded pretty bad. Replacements cost about $240 per set.
Jim, we used another set of fork caps, turned upside down, on the bottoms of the headlight mounts to cover the unnecessary and ugly ring. I did it on one of my 750s

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, I'm looking for new headlight mounts now. Also, yep, fork tubes were rotted out - pretty bad too, almost ate thru the tube as well! Got a couple of NOS babies and put them on and realized, crap no dust covers. I purchased a set of headlight mounts but did not realize how big they were (for a harley) and had to send them back. There are a few out there, just looking for the right ones.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I bought Emgo polished aluminum ears from 4into1.com for my 450 build. They come with spacers to fit a wide range of fork tube sizes, and look great too. They also come in satin black but the set I originally bought came scuffed up in the package, not enough soft material in between them and the box and the movement during shipping scratched the satin finish. 4into1 checked the others on their shelves and found them all to be scratched, so sent me polished instead in exchange.

https://4into1.com/polished-aluminum-headlight-brackets/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts