Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ive got a 1973 honda CD175, 6V....I cant find a rectifier on ebay or from DSS with the original part code....does anyone know if another honda twin shared a 6volt rectifier, part# 31700351008?....? or better yet, have one to sell?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Rectifiers usually do not have a voltage component, they have a range of voltages and a maximum current it can handle. You would be better to use a new silicon rectifier if you want to ride the bike. Frankly the original ones were not great at their best.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nigel,
Im not so familiar with the electrical components. For a new Silicone rectifier, what would I look for? would it work with my bike regardless of it being a 6V or 12V?
DQ

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Ive got a 1973 honda CD175, 6V....I cant find a rectifier on ebay or from DSS with the original part code....does anyone know if another honda twin shared a 6volt rectifier, part# 31700351008?....? or better yet, have one to sell?
You could just Google "single phase silicon bridge rectifier" or go to any electronics supply place and pick up one, should not be more than between $10 to $20. You want one that is in a metal case with a mounting hole in the center, has 4 terminals, 2 for AC (input), 1 + and 1 - for output...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts