Honda Twins banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As promised here are some more pics




Thanks for your help every one, I don't think it would have happened with out all of your input and advice.
I had her out today for her first ride and she sounds great and pulls hard, but I still need to tinker with the carbs a little (somethings not right)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Great job, the bike looks nice, tasteful.

I had mine out for it's first maiden voyage on the highway this evening as well. I'm not quite ready to show completed pictures yet. Like you, I've still got a carb issue to resolve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
Really nice job there.....beautiful bike !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
wow.. that looks really awesome, makes me want too just go crazy on mine and get it done. im gonna be doing my project thread here really soon. do you plan on keeping it? or gonna sell and find a new project..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Znabb said:
Real looker. Is that a Harley "church window" rear light?
I think so, I picked it up after market as a "tombstone" tail light and am quite pleased with the out come. I wasn't a big fan of the stock taillight but I did pick it up as NOS just so I had it.


chubbs899 said:
wow.. that looks really awesome, makes me want too just go crazy on mine and get it done. im gonna be doing my project thread here really soon. do you plan on keeping it? or gonna sell and find a new project..?
Already have the next project... a 72 T350 (suzuki two stroke) Now I have two finished bikes and one project but I'm running out of room in the garage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Odin said:
Already have the next project... a 72 T350 (suzuki two stroke) Now I have two finished bikes and one project but I'm running out of room in the garage.
Be sure and post your T350 project here as well. I've got a '75 T500 that runs pretty good and I ride it quite a bit. It's pretty rough on the eyes but everything works well. Unfortunately, one (or both) of the oil injection seals are leaking so I'll be pulling the pump shortly and trying to source the seals. T500 parts are not as easy to come by as CB450 stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MNellis said:
Be sure and post your T350 project here as well. I've got a '75 T500 that runs pretty good and I ride it quite a bit. It's pretty rough on the eyes but everything works well. Unfortunately, one (or both) of the oil injection seals are leaking so I'll be pulling the pump shortly and trying to source the seals. T500 parts are not as easy to come by as CB450 stuff.
Oh I know, I have a 67 T200 and it was a pain to find parts, do you know where the pump is leaking? maybe a photo I'm sure I have a few spare pumps not sure if they are the same tho.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
Odin said:
Oh I know, I have a 67 T200 and it was a pain to find parts, do you know where the pump is leaking? maybe a photo I'm sure I have a few spare pumps not sure if they are the same tho.
I haven't pulled the pump yet but they saw there are two seals (an upper and a lower) and they can leak. Right now all I know is that the oil line and crush washers are in great shape and don't leak yet I always have a lot of injection oil filling up the cavity under the oil lines on the case. I seems to be running down from the pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mine did the same thing, I found that there is a o-ring in the pivot shaft that cable attaches to (not shown on any fiche) and when I disassembled it and replaced that o-ring my leak was gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Wow that bike is sweet!! Looks fresh from the factory.


What model tires are those?? I am looking for suggestions to use on my 360
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SteelB12 said:
Wow that bike is sweet!! Looks fresh from the factory.


What model tires are those?? I am looking for suggestions to use on my 360
Thanks, those are Cheng Shin tires and I don't recommend them at all if you value your life, they are the cheapest tires you can by and I use them as rollers for my bikes, they will be replaced next week with either Avon roadrunners or Bridgestone spitfires.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top