Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find this info anywhere and the bike is not close to me or I would just measure it. Thanks for the help

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Mine (not a 69 however) measures 15mm, same as the 450 and 750 front axle... This is in the "active area", not the shoulder that fits the fork leg cut-outs........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot. Was trying to figure how easy it will be to fit the wheel I want to use and it also used a 15mm axle makes things easier on me. Now time to just make the spacers for it

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
What wheel are you intending to use?..... Just curious..... ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's off a 86 yz125 it is a 21" gold wheel and he rear is a 18. I just need a 520 front sprocket to get the rear to work out and I like em alot. Just have to figure out how to mount he caliper but I'll figure it out. I think I'm switching to 450 forks that were disk to begin with so I am going to just and try to make some adapter bracket but don't know how well that will go lol

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
You do know that the "pitch" (pin to pin length) of the stock 530 chain and a 520 chain is the same.... You could simply machine the 530 front sprocket thinner, although I'd bet you can find a Honda sprocket with the same splining and 520 width....
My guess would be to try one from an XL 250 or XR 250......

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
66Sprint said:
You do know that the "pitch" (pin to pin length) of the stock 530 chain and a 520 chain is the same.... You could simply machine the 530 front sprocket thinner, although I'd bet you can find a Honda sprocket with the same splining and 520 width....
My guess would be to try one from an XL 250 or XR 250......

Maybe CB200??
I have a spare CB200 counter sprocket somewhere, almost positive it's a 520 chain.
I think a CB175 might be different - Steve??

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
My 175's run 428 chain.......Most larger dirtbikes run 520.....

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
66Sprint said:
My 175's run 428 chain.......Most larger dirtbikes run 520.....
I know - I originally bought a 428 for the CB200, thinking it was the same as 175 - didn't fit, wrong pitch - it's on the shelf right in front of me at this moment.
Maybe later I'll brave the cold/snow and snoop a bit in the shop. I'm sure I have a counter sprocket, maybe 15 teeth??
I'll also try to ascertain that it's a 520 (how do I do that again??).

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
OK, just checked - this CB200 has a 520 chain/sprockets, so it's reasonable to assume it's standard.
The 15-tooth counter sprocket I have is a 520, the hole for the shaft is regular Honda splines, 18mm small measurement, 20mm large measurement. I think those measurements are the same on a 175 ??
Two 6mm bolts hold on the plate-thingy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks guys. My first attempt was gonna be the xl250. But if you guys say the cb200 has the same splines that ends my trial and error lol. So it is for sure the same? The cb200 that is

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
blucav85 said:
Wow thanks guys. My first attempt was gonna be the xl250. But if you guys say the cb200 has the same splines that ends my trial and error lol. So it is for sure the same? The cb200 that is
Well I didn't say the splines were the same size as a 350 - I don't have a 350 here, that's why I gave the measurements.
All I said was that it was a typical Honda sprocket that's 520..........

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright thanks I'll have to measure the next time I make it out to the bike. Unless someone else has more knowledge on this

1 - 13 of 13 Posts