Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Hondatwins community,
My roommate recently bought someones project bike that they had given up on and I've been fixing things here and there. I've cleaned the rust from the fuel tank and removed a worrying amount of sludge from the oil cup. New clutch plates and springs as well. Then I cleaned the carburetors and replaced the seals. When I put everything back together and started the bike it steadily revved up to 7k-8k. I had to close the choke almost entirely to keep it under 4k. If I close the choke all the way it will die. Its pretty useful knowing that sense the bike doesn't have a kill switch. The left exhaust blows weaker then the right as well. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the throttle cable. I have check the floats many times to make sure they are at the correct 20mm. I have adjusted the pilot screws to 1.5 turns out. I have also looked for air leaks. I cant seem to find any. The only other thing I can think of is the carbs have pod filters on them, but the bike ran fine before hand. Also when I cleaned the carbs I was unable to get either of the needles out. I removed the screws holding them in place, but the needles would not move. So i left them alone as the carbs where actually pretty clean.
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The needles should be able to be removed - the nylon cap-thingy cannot be removed from the end of the needle.
The needle should be sort of loose and floppy once it's installed properly, that's the way it keeps itself centered in the emulsion tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts