Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just signed up yesterday. I found this site through Advrider.com. A buddy gave me this bike last week. It's a 69 k1 CB350. I am going to do a restoration to the bike once I'm done with the current project.

The pictures are kinda blurry. I'm attempting to get used to the new camera.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your progress. What's the "other project?"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
J-T said:
Looking forward to seeing your progress. What's the "other project?"
I'm doing a restoration on a 90' KX250 for a buddy at the moment. I just sent off the frame and swing arm for powder coating. Hopefully i'll be putting it back together in another couple weeks. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question here... The points cover (not sure if it's the right name) has Type 1 stamped into it. Does that mean this could be a higher performance engine then the typical 350's? If so, what's that mean to me when it comes to tuning and a rebuild later?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
mmitchell57 said:
Question here... The points cover (not sure if it's the right name) has Type 1 stamped into it. Does that mean this could be a higher performance engine then the typical 350's? If so, what's that mean to me when it comes to tuning and a rebuild later?
Type 1 or 2 indicate whether the engine' crankshaft is 180-degrees or 360-degrees.

A 180 degree twin will have two sets of points, with pistons that go up and down opposite of each other.
A 360 degree twin will have a single point, and the pistons go up and down together.
There is no perceptible difference in power from the two types.
If you have a 360-degree 350, then I'm amazed, never seen one........

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Bill.... Type I is a 180* with two sets of points...... The 175's are type II (360*)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Yes you did Bill..... Sorry,... My tired brain merged the Type I reference, the "amazed" and 360 degree 350 statements together...Looks like I really need that "time-out"...
... :? Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts