Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I finally got my cb350 dialed in a normal running order or so I think. I been riding it around and the only thing I notice is that at 4k rpm the foot peg vibration is noticeably high. I don't have another bike to see if this is normal. I been searching the forum and internet for weeks and it seems to always to point the carbs sync or engine mounts. I just want your opinions before I look into cleaning my carbs again.

Notes:
It happens on neutral and revving the engine.
I've clean the carbs and sync them myself.
Other range in the rpms seem smooth.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_3566.jpg

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Honda twins and twins in general vibrate. The the engines in later SOHC bikes are counterbalanced and are much improved. The only thing that can be done is keep the bike tuned and replacing the foot peg rubbers can reduce some of what comes through to your feet. Starting around 1980 counterbalancing motorcycle engines became common and most bikes built since them are quite smooth.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda twins and twins in general vibrate. The the engines in later SOHC bikes are counterbalanced and are much improved. The only thing that can be done is keep the bike tuned and replacing the foot peg rubbers can reduce some of what comes through to your feet. Starting around 1980 counterbalancing motorcycle engines became common and most bikes built since them are quite smooth.
Thanks James,
I figured it might be normal. I didnt think about the foot peg rubber though. I will look to see how mine are.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went ahead and puruchase new rubber covers for the foot pegs from 4into1. It made a diffrenece. The vibration is still there but significantly less. The old rubber were rock hard.
I had to do the same with my CL. Grips also were so hard and brittle my hands would go numb after only 10 min of riding. Slipped on some of the Biltwell Kung Fu grips as was amazed at the difference.

·
Sensei
26,354 Posts
While you are at it, replace the rubber cushions on the handlebar risers as well......;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to do the same with my CL. Grips also were so hard and brittle my hands would go numb after only 10 min of riding. Slipped on some of the Biltwell Kung Fu grips as was amazed at the difference.
I will look into replacing them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is normally a lot of clearance on the stock setup but with aftermarket setups the exhaust pipe can contact the foot rest bracketry and that can result in a vibration that comes on with higher rpm's. Ask me how I know...….Something to check at any rate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts