Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This summer I have been working on a '68 Honda CL350 and boy what a project it has been.

The bike is currently running but not well. There seems to be a fuel delivery issue now. I recently cleaned the spark plugs and after a little bit of riding I checked them to find that the left spark plug was clean but overly wet and the right spark plug was heavily charred. What could be the cause of this?

Another problem I have noticed is that the majority of engine seems to glazed with gas and/or oil. I believe it to be bad head gaskets but felt like I should add this in case it had something to do with what is happening to the spark plugs.

Bear with me I am still very new to all of this. All suggestions and advice are welcome.

Thanks,

- J

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

There is a Checklist in the 350 Misc. Section for reviewing the condition of a used - NEW to YOU bike.
See the link below:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/53...n/18505-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html

One thing you might try AFTER running thru the checklist is Re-Torqueing the Head to spec.
You would need to remove the Gas Tank and loosen the TOP Motor Mount Bracket to do that.
If you are leaking at the gaskets in the cylinder stack that may be a source of multiple woe's.

But seriously do the Checklist.
If nothing else it will get you familiar with all that makes these machines go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts