Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post here! Was looking for some help on tuning my Keihin 20mm carbs on my freshly built 68 cl175!! check it out its my profile pic. Anyways the left plug is running rich and the right is just about perfect maybe a little lean. The throttle cuts at about 1/8 to 1/4 and has other flat spots through acceleration and is lacking in the power department. Specifically I was hoping somebody with the same carbs could tell me jet sizes that worked for them or any adjustments that helped! Another thing is I had the bike running for about a month and it was running good besides an oil leak on the cam seal. my dad got the bright idea of sealing it with rtv silicone! genius right! NOT!!! long story short clogged the oil passage fried the cam and rocker arms. just had ythose put in last week by a highly trusted mechanic so maybe everything is just going through a break in period? because before we pulled the carbs off and took the motor out it was running cherry! this was after it was tuned by the same mechanic who put in the new cam....he said he would look at it on wednesday but dammit im antsy and wanna get my hands dirty! any suggestions welcome! thanks!

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Well, first off, you are going to have to change your username..... LOL.....:lol:
That bike in your avatar is a 1969 CL175 K3 if it is a US model (vertical engine and full cradle frame)....
The 1968 CL 175 was a "sloper" engined version, where the engine itself was a stressed member of the frame....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm interesting! it was registered as a 68, but your definitely right it doesn't look like a sloper lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66Sprint,

first off how do you change your username? lol secondly i was hoping you could tell me if choke is open when the lever is up or down

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Lever down is choke open... lever up (or lever arm nearer to horizontal) is choke closed.....

Open....
001.JPG
Closed...
002.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts