Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am trying to put a 68 CD175 back together and I seem to have an extra wire on my stator. I have 4 wires coming from the stator and the wiring diagram shows 3. The fourth wire(brown) is not hooked up to anything. I am guessing the previous owner patched the bike together with a stator he had lying around his garage. I will try to include a picture. Let me know what you think. I am also wondering what other models and years share the same stator. This bike has the sloper motor and a 6 volt electrical system.

Cheers,
Gordy
68 CD175
78 CX500

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
Gordy....there should be 4 wires.... Yellow, White, Brown, and Green with a Red stripe. The green/red stripe is for the neutral light switch....The Yellow and the Brown go to the harness and then to the rectifier.... The White connects to the charging circuit when the lights are on....... The 160's and 175 slopers all share the same windings, I'll check, but believe the later 175's windings would work..... Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize. I should have said 4 wires plus the neutral switch wire. The picture isn't too clear but there are 4 wires going directly into the stator. You can barely see it but there is a brown wire on the right side of the wire grouping.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
What colors are those four?...I'll compare to my 175 sloper windings.....Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wires are brown, yellow, white and pink. The neutral switch wire is green with a red stripe. The brown wire is attached to the stator on one end and nothing on the other.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
The best info I can find mentions an "emergency run" position on the ignition switch, and provision to directly connect the alternator output to achieve that.... I can't find it on any of the schematics I have though....Perhaps it is for that... I just do not know......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for checking in to it. I have other electrical issues to sort out as well. Hopefully I'll figure it out once I really get into checking out the wiring.

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
I have three different schematics for the CD 175/CD 175A, (General export, UK model, and US model) and ALL of them show only 3 wires (the yellow, pink, and white) coming out of the alternator.....So, You got me!....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts