Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just stumbled upon something and I’m curious for help. The picture below is a 71 CB350 and I really like the “exposed” forks look. Is it possible to buy these and swap them onto my 72CB? I’m sure that it is possible but I want to know if anyone has done it and if anyone knows any modifications I would have to make to my 72 for them to fit? Is it worth the headache? Any major downfalls of the shocks? It’s simply for the aesthetics. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
They should swap in fine. You may need a top bridge to match. I think 68-70 had different bridge from 71 on?

·
Registered
828 Posts
There should be a plastic spacer piece between the fork and the spring. If it isn't used the spring could damage the fork. As doode said the top triple is needed for the swap. Not much to choose between the 2 systems but the later forks have fewer parts. You may also have to modify the mounts for the tach and speedo.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Just use your current fork, take the covers off, and find some really weak external springs with a length that will add little-to-no preload and slip them over your tubes. I'm thinking some chrome rear shock springs from a small motorcycle - just make sure the diameter is large enough so they don't rub the fork tubes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've got a 68 - 70 top triple that I'd be willing to sell.
I will also have the forks, drum brake and fender to sell soon too
I am in Australia though,

Tom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts