Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased '67 CB450. Need to rebuild carbs. Clymer manual does not specify jets and seats. Anyone know if 2.0 is stock?

o2USpSrXTRq0eTYUooGpHA.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group. Looks like a very nice bike but, just for street creds, you might want to swap those tank emblems around so the wings are flying frontwards. You're going to need something better than a Clymer to get it on the road, PM sent. We also have some great suggestions regarding how to go about making it a safe and reliable ride:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/6...n/16105-basic-checklist-new-you-old-bike.html

I expect some of the DOHC experts will be along with answers to your questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Had to adjust the valves and new Pamco ignition. Need to set timing but planning full tear down this winter. Ended up redoing the entire tank - it was pretty nasty inside and found some good quality chrome tank panels and a new rear fender (I didn't realize the guy had cut the rear fender until it showed up on the trailer). thanks for the guidance - much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Better get the charging system right before you ride it with any regularity or that Pamco will end up leaving you on the side of the road, fried... and the Pamco too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Checked the charging system when I got the bike and no good. Replaced with new reg/rec and charging is now spot on. I did a custom cx500 a couple years ago and the charging system cost me a pile of $$ after some voltage spikes. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Really clean looking Bomber! I would love to see more pics. Which carbs do you have, 14C? Also out of curiosity which reg/rec did you go with?

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
This is perhaps what you are looking for IF your bike has the original carbs. This info is for the 4 speed 450’s, ‘65-‘67. BFBF3346-01F1-4217-962A-7DA1DC451179.jpg

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Help me with the carbs: Is the 14C carbs without right side spring or is it 14E? My right side has no spring so I thought it was 14E.
Not sure based on any springs. Mine is stamped 14C on top of the carb right in front of where the air filter boot attaches. My right carb is clearly stamped where as the left has no visible stamp although the do appear to be a matched set. I also have some spare 14H and 723 carbs that are stamped on a flat surface below where the air boot attaches and just above the float bowl. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're the man. 14C. Had to get my tooth brush scrubber and magically appeared. No spring on right side carb.

R3NwwCAYSBWl2+AVeImH4w.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You familiar with the Tach on theses? Tach needle was stuck at 4k but did get the bike fired up and it's bouncing all over. Can those be reset or is it calibration issue?

Ucq45y37Qiu9ooDexdpaVA.jpg

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I don’t have any experience opening up the speedo/tach on those models. Perhaps someone else on here does. It might take posting questions for that in a different category of the 450 section to get someone to take notice. I can offer you this from the factory service manual for the K0 450’s however
CF1EE69B-9B48-49D2-81FB-C703DF3DF2D1.jpg

*OK, I realize this is unreadable. Crappy iPhone upload.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts