Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Nice black bomber there. I'm betting it will sell for a lot more than the current bid of $2,900

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Top bid of $5,600 did not hit reserve.
Yeah, some of those KOs, like the 450 & the 750, demand a healthy price. Parts alone, can be a killer, much less the whole motorcycle. Only saw 1 CB450K0 and that was while I was stationed at Misawa AFB, in Northern Japan, from Dec 1967-Dec 1969. This one was pure stock, except the mufflers had been replaced with chrome straight pipe extensions (that had removable baffles).
It went up for sale, not long after I had found and bought my 1966 CB72 Hawk & if not for that, I just might have ended up with it myself. But, it didn't and I didn't. Saw my 1st Honda CB750 while I was over there too. It was a brand new CB750K0 (guy had to actually order it from the states & have it shipped over to Japan). The average person, over there (to include the Japanese people) had never seen one in person. Everywhere he went on that 750, he drew a crowd. ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
What a piece of history! That's a survivor not a rebuild or looks to be. Something about those 450s, they are awesome. For me it's the XS650 Midnight Special is kinda my "holy grail" bike. Never owned or ridden one, but I looked at one up the street for years while I was beginning with bikes. Something about that large displacement Twin has always called me. I like the KZ750T almost but not quite as well.

To be honest on a long ride I like the smoothness of a four, but for riding around, nothing quite beaats that feel of a twin making that bike shiver. For that matter, even the sound of an XS650 with straight pipes, well I like it better than a Harley.

Had a 360 nearly matched that sound once, loved that bike. A friend restored it, have still yet to see (he has n license and is a drunk).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bill, I think the Ca reference was to California where the bike is located - it's just a nice K0
oh, okay I didn't realize. By the time I saw this one, I couldn't bring it up. So, I never got to see it. :( Several motorcycles, always will make me stop and pay attention and the CB450K0, is definitely one of them. ;) Thanks, Tom, for your comment.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Bill, it's just my assumption that Ca means California, maybe not. BTW, it's still up on that link - I just looked and saw it's there, so give it another try.
Sure will, Tom. Always like to cast an eye, on yet another oldie, especially that was as inovative as the Honda 450 DOHC model was.
Thanks checking & letting me know it was still there, to see.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Whoa, THAT is one FINE looking 450K0. Well worth the look, for sure. Thanks, Tom, for suggesting I try again, to see this one. Sure would look good, sitting next to my 1966 CB77 "Super Hawk". Now, if only I had the funds. :(
Screenshot_2017-08-13-11-50-30.jpg

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's a really nice bike too!
Thank you, Mark. I can't take credit, for the Super Hawk though. You see, I have a close buddy (like a Brother) who had always wanted to restore one and he new about me always wanting a Super Hawk & when I was stationed at Misawa AFB in Northern Japan, I still couldn't find one. But, I did find a 1966 CB72 (250cc) Hawk and totally enjoyed it. But it's been gone for a long time and I still wanted a Super Hawk. My Buddy found one, made a deal on it. Then He built it, which took care of His want and then, set up a deal between us and I have had this one, for about 4-5yrs now. In the meantime though, I have managed to get some parts together, one way or another & got myself a "titled" frame and an engine (which is said to run, just not nice, cosmetically). But, with all I have managed to come up with. I am slowly mocking up, what I want it to look like and will post the actual build, when I am ready (maybe by Spring of next year). ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts