Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was working on my latest purchase... I remember seeing a "hook" and a tightening bolt in the underside of this S90 seat.... I am continually amazed as to the attention to detail and application of engineering Honda applied to even simple "cheap" bikes they produced even way back into the 60s. Probubly the reason they are still around running today...
.. anyhow... anyone have any ideas what these were for? Thought originally maybe a helmet "lock" but the seat is bolted down.. making this location hard to access... IMG_5548.jpg IMG_5549.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Rob - I hear you on the level of quality and attention to detail. My Dad was regularly amazed by what we both learned about the smaller Hondas as we got involved when I was 14 (and after he rode Harleys 15 years earlier). At the time, I didn't know any better but after going to work in the industry a few years later and getting aquainted with other brands as well, I better understood what my Dad saw then and we see now. It's one of the main reasons I became a big Honda fan and all but 2 of my bikes have been Hondas.

Looks like your seat base once had a toolbox attach underneath it... seems a bit strange if you need tools to remove the seat (can't recall if it bolts down). My old used S90 back in the day was either missing it or I don't remember it, but it sure looks that way here:

https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-s90-super-1964-usa_model1102/partslist/F++22.html#results

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow cool.. thanks.. and Yes the seat does bolt down.. the "twist" nut is accessible without removing the seat..
yeah.. it is REALY nice to work on this (along with my cb450s) compared to my 60s Triumphs .. it's amazing the diffence.. same generation.. and different countries ... curious what a same generation BMW construction is like...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts