Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
old boy in my town knows I play with old bikes so he asked me to tune up this 64 CA95E
8542 miles, ser.#CA95E-402**** do believe this is a Bently? what I need to know is the proper way to set the cam chain tension, it's low on compression, been sitting for several years, so I need to start and see what he's got, registration says 1965

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
That's a "late style"....Square back edge on fender struts and whitewalls give it away, as does FRAME serial number...You posted the engine number.... "Late" style started with CA 95-3106641... BOTH are considered "Benly Touring 150 models"...

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0150/ben ... nly150.htm

Mr. Lane likely has a manual.......

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Time to search the net..... Bill Silver of 305 fame might know.....Try the Honda 305 group on Yahoo with the question.... I can't remember if it's at the T mark or as the left intake valve rocker just touches the valve (like the 125 twin)... Got CRS bad!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well compression test says 140 on each cylinder so Woohoo! kicker ratio must be pretty good cause it sure don't feel like much :lol: fuel valve internal gaskets are melted into goo, but see they can be had so on I go

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
It should run at 140's....160/165 is normal, so you're a bit on the almost need rings side.....I believe the bike is 6V, but the points and coil should be able to handle a brief test running at 12V.....Lights won't however, and 6V bulbs are scarce...( I know you are aware of this, just teasing)...LOL... Steve

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I,ve got a 6v that will fit in for testing, don't think it would handle E-start but I ain't afraid of kicking it, I just need to find that big key to wind it up :roll:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it runs fairly well, cleaned the petcock to get fuel to it, set the valves and varoom

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Too Cool!....Doesn't look all that bad either.....Would be a great "restore" specimen.....

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Glad to hear you got her "vrooming"!! I bet that bike would benefit VERY WELL from a some rubbing compound and good wax. Take off that old oxidized look..

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts