Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a '80 CM200T a few weeks back, which is run on a 6V. I would like to upgrade the stock headlight and tail lights to something less bulky and more bright (ie: typical cafe-style lighting) . From the research I've gathered, the aftermarket 6V market is relatively nonexistent, so I'm wondering if anybody with a 6V bike has discovered some sort of work around. It seems that converting to 12 volts is a popular thing to do for this model of bike, but I would rather not dump that kind of money into something so inexpensive in the first place.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
...6volt system on a 80 model???
I know my 65 S-90 has a 6 volt system... battery was cheap, the replacement bulbs (they ALL blew within a week) were another story... if ur looking at "brighter".. I would look into LEDs... but I'm not even sure they have a 6v option...

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Only option I can think of offhand would be a step up transformer but I don't know that the charging system can handle that or where you would mount it in the limited space available

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I just finished a frame off rebuild on a ca 160 that is a 6 volt system. Found everything needed on flea bay. The bike didnt have turn signals and the owner wanted signals added the only problem was finding a 6 volt flasher but I was able to locate one.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did just check ebay again for 6V lighting and there are few options out there, but everything either ships from Taiwan or Solvakia so I guess i'll be waiting for awhile haha

·
Registered
51 Posts
The standard bulb is a bayonet one but I fitted a 6v H4 halogen 35watt bulb in mine. I found the correct sized headlight on Ebay, one that took an H4 bulb. I also needed to change the socket on the wiring loom, also found on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts