Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Cafe brat bobber racer. I think he left out chopper stocker tracker junker...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Or USD$56.00

·
Registered
635 Posts
It’s no longer original as standard. The engine, carbs and header tubes are worth something; but he’s cut the frame. The seat is probably worth something to another chopper, as are the front forks and rear suspension units. What he has discovered it that as a whole the bike isn’t worth diddly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Look: in the UK, an SL350 K1 is on offer on EBay for £999.00 at auction. This is after the importer has paid for the bike and put it in the shipping container, and having landed it in the UK paid duty and paid kto put it on the NOVA (Notice of Vehicle Aquisition) order. Then it’s photographed, and put up for auction. Some of the esoteric models have a reserve placed on them; but the importer wants ( needs) to sell the import at a profit.... Duh...
So as a Bike enthusiast who wants an SL350K1 I’ve got to wait for one to arrive in the UK; at Auction, and bid accordingly. If it’s missing the Seat and Exhausts... ( Mufflers) it’s not worth as much as a complete one which I want...so Craigslist bike, Mullered by a previous owner has to be pretty spectacular to achieve the asking price. This one isn’t.
I rest my case M’lud.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The builder obviously hasn't a clue what he's doing.

That tank is maybe what 2 gallons at most? Why would you want to have such a tiny tank for your bike unless you love to make pit stops for fuel A LOT.
No tach.. Yeah because it's so cool not knowing what RPM the engine is running at. Have fun tuning this thing.
No front fender or fork brace ... Enough said.
Big Firestone tires that are too big for the bike because... Well all the other hipsters have those on their bikes also and who wouldn't want to be hip? LOL
No rear fender/mud guard because well... Who wouldn't want a mud/dirt stripe down the middle of their backs while riding.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just wait, soon the builder’s cousin’s boyfriend’s father-in-law will be by to tell us how it was expertly crafted to exacting specifications and is in fact dramatically undervalued for what he’s got in it :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think Ill start a repository for hacked off motorcycle bits,This is why I cringe when I hear the line (This is my first motorcycle and I have no mechanical ability I think Ill make a cafe racer)

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
It'll never sell, he didn't wrap the exhaust pipes and there's too much padding in the seat. It does ,however, have clip-on bars and stock foot peg location for that classic monkey-humping-a-football riding stance.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
It's half the price of some of the real junk from a couple of years ago. Tyre's were a waste of money and it looks like hell but probably has had a lot of time put into it.
Forks are probably CB360 as only the last few 350's were disc? If it had some mudguards it would be a major improvement, 1960's race bikes were never that spartan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts