Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a set of 500T carbs that I've cleaned up for a friend. I checked the float height before I started and both were about 26.4mm measure properly from the surface that the gasket will lay on, with the float barely touching the float needle's spring tip. The spec says the height should be 20mm. That's quite a change. I checked on Common-Motor because they've got a video. Their carbs were about 26mm before they set them too. So I'm curious if anyone can tell me from experience, rather than by the book, what works? Stock 500T with stock air box, etc.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Floats generally sit level. Maybe measuring wrong? The manual should say how to measure it along with the spec

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I mentioned the spec (from FSM) is 20 but I was just surprised that these were set around 26 before I set them, and the same thing was encountered on the Common-Motor set.
Thanks I do know how to set them and 20 makes them about level. I mainly work on fours and I was just surprised that both my set and the Common Motor set were around 26.
Anyway, I'll give them to the owner and see what happens.
Thank you!

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Yeah I mentioned the spec (from FSM) is 20 but I was just surprised that these were set around 26 before I set them, and the same thing was encountered on the Common-Motor set.
Thanks I do know how to set them and 20 makes them about level. I mainly work on fours and I was just surprised that both my set and the Common Motor set were around 26.
Anyway, I'll give them to the owner and see what happens.
Thank you!
People put too much confidence in what CCC says.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff to be had from their vids but just like anything on the internet, you kinda have to take them with a grain of salt.
Always double/triple check with other sources

1 - 9 of 9 Posts