Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the website 4into1? I just want to make sure they are reputable before I place a large order with them. Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I've bought a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from them over the last couple years, they're great and though I've heard a few say they've had issues with the occasional return, I have never had a problem in any way

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've used them many times. No issues except for some rims that were advertised for a CB77 and didn't fit. I used them on a different project.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If I need a part are that has been discontinued from honda, I check them first for a reproduction, just got a master cylinder from them, could not get it to build pressure, they helped me get it to work, turns out I was the problem.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I've had some fitment problems with a more than a couple of items and they were less than helpful. I would not rate their customer service very high.
I'd still order from them if I had to, but they are not on the top of my list.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I have purchased a few hundred dollars worth of parts from them. Shipping is really fast. No complaints!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I've bought a lot of parts from 4into1 and have always been happy with them. Very fast shipping, too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Top notch outfit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered lots of parts from them and never had a problem - great company.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Did you talk to West End Cycle?

You are young and if you intend to be a regular rider then it is a good idea to establish a relationship with some knowledgeable people at a local shop. A good portion of the brain trust here likely started out hanging around bike shops or with riders who had a relationship with a shop. I'm actually getting nervous because the guys I've dealt with for 40 years are older than I and must be thinking of retiring.

Take your shopping list and a pocket of cash and go see them. They may or may not be able to get what you want, it may or may not be the quite as good a price as a big outfit, but 4to1(or any big player) is never going to say "bring it by the shop and we'll help you sort it".

Some of the gruffest old codgers that ever rode a bike have been the best mentors of the next generation. In a shop full of tools and wisdom is a great place to work on bikes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm waiting on an order from 4into1 right now, no problems as of yet. Probably be here today, usually never more than three or four days to come from the left coast to NC. That's not too bad.

·
Registered
412 Posts
In my short while working on my cl350, I think I have used David Silvers, 4 into 1, CMSNL, Common, Amazon and Ebay. Yeah it would be nice if there was a local motorcycle shop to establish a relationship with, but not always an option, especially if you live in a rural area. David Silvers took longer to ship. Common ships the fastest (but I am 250 miles away from their operation). I also found a pretty responsive ebay source (https://www.ebay.com/str/josephfmarksmotorcycleparts that has decent stock.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a local shop and he is younger than me but he has been doing it full time for at least 15 years. I have been waiting 3 weeks now for him to mount tires and change bearing in my bike. He says the bearing retainer that he messed up and he ordered on Ebay has not came in from California. That is where 4into1 is I wonder if he ordered from their Ebay store I'm guessing not because it has never taken that long for me to get an order from them. If it's not done today he won't be open again till tues. and that will be going on 4 weeks. If it's not done today I'm tempted to just take it back, order a retainer pay him for what little he has done and finish it myself. Which is what I should have done to begin with. Sorry just venting a little.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I hear you, and not much is more frustrating than someone agreeing to take a job and then screwing around and taking way longer than it should... hopefully he just gives it back to you and says "no charge", which is what he should do under the circumstances

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Good place to do business..
I try to use local shops / business any chance I get (bike, car, electronics ect.). But paying double or triple (shipping included) from local apposed to online is stupid... I don't mind SOME markup, I get it, they have to keep the lights on...I just don't want to pay for someone's retirement.
A local transmission shop used to say.."I'm in business to make a living, not to make a fortune"..he was straight up, no bs and did GREAT work!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Crap I write a whole paragraph of what happened and somehow I delete it . Any way got the tires back yesterday evening an hour after he was to close. He mounted the tires and balanced them, I bought new tubes and rim strips front and back, All Balls bearings and seals front and back, the new bearing retainer and installed it all and charged me $60. I think that is fair but took about two weeks too long. Happy to have it back. I put the front wheel on tonight and putting the rear on in the morning and go for a short ride. Sorry to steel the thread. The order came in from 4into1, clutch cable, throttle cable, handlebars, grips and new mirrors. I'll put all that on first of next week. I guess I'll have to post pic's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts