Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t for the life of me figure this out. Every time I get everything lined up. The rear tensioner/guide seems to be keeping the housing from fitting over the crank. Everything is lined up and looks good but it just won’t go together. Manual is no help

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think I remember struggling with that and eventually just changing the position of the balancer adjuster to get enough slack. You may want to wait for LDR to chime in because I'm not 100% that is the proper way to fix it

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Moved to SOHC Engine section, I don't look at the DOHC stuff much since I know little about that engine
The guide is installed after the crankshaft carrier is installed. Reread pages 173 thru 175 of the FSM.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You know of the importance of the DOT'd position now.
Let's stick to known nomenclature. DOT stands for Department Of Transportation in the US. The "DOT" you're referring to is the indexing dimple in the end of the front balancer shaft.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Quite, but DTI means other stuff in different parts of the world. Department of trade and industry for example, or in engineering terms dial test indicator.

DOT was in large print and emphasized as the dot on the shaft is quite small and maybe un noticed ?

DOT, indexing dimple, rose etc.........but agreed, its best to stick to fully understandable and clear unambiguous terminology.

DOT mark from now on. My wrist has been slapped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts