Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

i am rebuilding one of my cb400n engines, 1979 one. The cam is knackerd and i'm having a job finding a good one. Do any of the other 400 variants work with this.? It's a uk model.

cheers, ..

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Not absolutely positive yours is the same but the cam from any of the CB/CM 400s or CB CM 450s should work.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Any of the CM/CB 400/450 cams will work, they're all the same except for some odd low horsepower cams used primarily in Germany

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just another question. Is the cb400t the same engine.? Would a cam from one of those work ok.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another cam question from me ;) Is the cam out of the auto bike the same.? i have found a good one but don't want to get it if it's wrong.

Cheers..

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
For comparison of parts, you can use CMSNL.com . If the corresponding part numbers are different, the parts are different. In this case , the hondamatic has a center number of 417 and the manual model has a center number of 413. Therefore, the parts are different.Also, if you goto Parzilla with the part number and put it into their search box, if the piece is available, it will list all the models that part fits. This is my method. Others may have similar methosds.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The A model is a different cam and requires different rocker arms as well, I would not use that cam for anything other than the A model.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts