Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm fishing for knowledge on these carbs. The original carburetor for the CL350 KO was the 350A. The ones on my bike are the 3C's which are a later version. According to this chart the air jet is way different. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my Scrambler to idle. It won't idle when cold unless turn in the idle screws a fair bit. (Actually, to warm it up at this point, I stick a piece of credit card under each screw.) If I leave them turned up, after the bike is hot the higher idle (over 1500) will cause the advancer to stick open and race to 3500 or more. (NOS advancer,nothing wrong there). Once the bike is hot, after riding for 20 minutes or so it still won't idle BUT it will idle after cooling a tad usually. This bike has a fresh top end and has been worked on by a well regarded mechanic. His claim is that the air cooled motor is picky. I'm wondering if I should go back to the 350A carbs. I have a set but they need a full rebuild and one needs a bowl. Anybody got one?
Thoughts?
Edy

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
did you ever find any resolution to this? I am currently have almost the same problem. I have to stick a credit card piece under one of the idle adjust screws to keep the back pressure equal and to keep the bike running. Just curious if you found anything out

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a pair of 350A carbs and sent them off to SCI for sonic cleaning. It will be another week before they get to them. I will report back then. The 3C that are on it have been cleaned a few times but I haven't had them off again since I decided to go to the original carbs. When they come off, I'm going to check and see if the jets are the same on both sides for one thing. Of course cleanliness is another.
Is anyone out there running later carburetors on thier 350 KO with our trouble?

Edy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts