Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Slick idea and design... if it takes off, after a while the price will come down like other technologies do - but yeah, $1699 is steep

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's like 1.5x the price of my bike :-D. But yeah I can't wait until it's available to the masses. I also saw a HUD system that can be fitted to regular helmets that was pretty cool, it was like $600 I think...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does it make your head swivel around like on The Exorcist?
I think the unit you're thinking of is the NUVIZ. I keep on thinking I might buy one.
But I don't know if sensory overload might be a problem. Not good on a bike.

Reactions: Olivier

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Nuviz. It seemed pretty rad, like you'd the Terminator or something. :-D I think I'd dig it, but you're right it might be overwhelming. But yeah, I'd love to have easy vision of what's behind me...

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I don't think it would be overwhelming for someone who has ridden for a while, it's like the stuff you can do while driving a car like adjusting the radio, turning on and off wipers, high beams, and signals - you'd get used to it after a little while. I can see how it might take a bit to get accustomed to the extra information but it would also provide something we don't have much of right now with our vibration-affected mirrors - a clear view of what's behind us

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I actually looked at the video on their website afterwards and wow, yes please, I'd like to have a rear view mirror inside my helmet. :-O

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think the Skully was done in by a few less than honest company officers. Looked promising, though.
Might spring for a NUVIZ in the spring. :grin: Will need a new helmet as well.
Gettin' spendier by the minute!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't tell if the Nuviz has a way to display output from a rear-facing camera; can it? Looks like it's mostly GPS info, music, caller ID, etc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
From what I've read, the camera is front facing. Haven't seen anything in the literature about interfacing another rear facing unit. Should be possible, though. It has a quad core processor in it - good grief!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My helmet would have more processing power than the brain it's supposed to protect :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts