Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 1974 CL360 I have owned for 25 years and has 7868 miles.
I rebuilt the carbs and sealed the gas tank tuned it up and it runs great until...
After i ride it a few miles it shuts off and i have a hard time getting it to start again.
this is after I replaced the condenser. My diagnosis is that the coils are failing when they heat up.
I purchased a accel coil 140403s but I think it will not work by reading posts on this site.
I need help. What kind of coil should I purchase? Or am I going down the wrong road?
Thanks John

·
Registered
703 Posts
search coils and mikesxs

If all else fails I have 2 coils you can have if you pay pal me 20 bucks for shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Have you checked the vent holes in your gas cap? If they are blocked they will cause fuel starvation from the vacuum formed in the tank. Happened to me before. Worth a looking at since its a simple check. Next time you stall, open the tank cap and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the problem! I cleaned and sealed the tank a while ago and the cap hole was blocked with the sealant. I poked it open with a small nail and she runs like a champ! Thanks for your help it is great to find a easy solution that leaves my wallet alone!
I will post some pics sometime. John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts