Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a total frankenstine bike worth of parts. 72Cb350 frame, 2011 cbr125 suspension (monoshock), and a cb360 engine dismantled with an extra set of carbs.
Wondering if I should just scrap the project and rebuild the engine and extra carbs and sell them. If so what would they be worth? Im assuming this project would take me years to complete with the 360 not even fitting height wise in the 350 frame from what I found online.

·
Banned
854 Posts
For the carbs I would check ebay sold listings to get an idea of what they sell for. As to rebuilding the engine to sell it, I highly doubt that you would recoup the time and money spent. You would probably come out better just selling it as is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd find someone with a cb350 engine and offer a straight trade for the 360 engine. 360 into a 350 frame sounds difficult, though I don't actually know. You can probably find a 350 engine for pretty cheap anyway. Might just take take that route and keep the 360 engine and try and part it out.

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
360 engine easily fits a SL 350 frame although it does require some adaptation to motor mounts and it's a pain to fit the carbs....
CB and CL 350 frames would require a lot more modification to work.....

Interestingly, the 350 engine will NOT easily fit the 360 frame......

360 engine in an SL 350 frame .....Started out as a SL 350 with a bad engine, and a CJ 360 with rear end damage IIRC.....
Was built about 22 years ago... If I'd pruned the rear fender a bit more it would be "Brat" style appropriate today....LOL.....
BTW, that's another "rattle-can" paint job.........

SL350framed360scooter.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts