Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the two 360 service manual suppliments that were deleted. One is in regards to the cam tensioner upgrade, the other is a rocker shaft upgrade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Carb Re-build file that was a part of Bills original 360 Bulletins thread is actually just pages 63-67 of the Honda Service Manual that was also deleted. I cannot upload the PDF of the 360 manual because of its massive size, but if you're keen I can mail you a CD of it for just the cost of the shipping.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a digital copy, how good are the pictures in yours? Mine is about 95MB but many of the pictures are almost blacked out, like it is a scan of a bad photocopy. If yours is better I'd love a copy of it.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharkmonkey said:
I have a digital copy, how good are the pictures in yours? Mine is about 95MB but many of the pictures are almost blacked out, like it is a scan of a bad photocopy. If yours is better I'd love a copy of it.
Is that the one that was available from Bills link on this site? Its probably the same one. The pics arent too bad in pdf form, but once printed onto paper they get a bit dark. 94 MB is about right.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here's a color pdf of the original 360 cam chain tensioner recall service bulletin that was sent to dealers.
It details the required repair and the dealer procedure to be reimbursed by Honda. It's dated 6/16/75.
I have some other original SB's relating to other twins I'll post in the future.
:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Here's one that's missing

the explanation that goes with it

It's something you may see but not 'register' All the later models had the update. As long as your not running engine on earlier models when it's leaning way over with low oil level you will be fine
BTW, the center punch mark above and below means it's had cam chain tensioner upgrade AND the wiring harness guide

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks CycleRanger. I Love this stuff if you have more please feel free to post them.Thxs Mike

·
Registered
554 Posts
No idea about the serial numbers, but any engine that had the service performed should have two dots, one above and one below the dash on your engine VIN. Something like CB360-:-########E

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
The recall happened about mid year in 1975, my guess is some where after 2002566, since the recall does not cover serials past that one.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Possibly - mine is an early ‘75, I’ll look at the plate tonight and see if it starts with 2 :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Only one way to find out for sure...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts