Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says: are the 350s 180 degree cranks (one up, one down) and are the 360s 360 degree cranks (both together)?

And, is one smoother than the other?

I owned a 360 and subsequently, two 350s and both 350s vibrated less than the 360, or so I seem to remember. But those were all a long time ago, and lately I've been wondering if the 360s generally vibrated more than the 350s, or if its just my rose-colored glasses malfunctioning (along with my memory)

:)

Since then, I've also owned a Kawasaki KZ400 that was smoother than either of 'em, but it had dual counterbalancers, and I think that made the difference.

Kirk

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
As far as I know, the 350/360 are both 180-degree engines.
As further evidence, they both have two sets of points, and most 360-degree engines only have one set.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huh. See there, must be my memory.

I've been thinking lately of searching out another 360 (first bike and all that) but I REALLY have unpleasant memories of the vibration. Maybe it was just my particular bike, or maybe I'm just remembering it worse than it was.

Hmm... maybe I'll just have to go test ride the next one that pops up around here. Trouble is, most of them that are in my price range are non-runners. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
If top engine mount is loose on 360 they vibrate real bad, same if drive chain is loose (don't know why that makes it vibrate bad though, but it does?)
It may also be he heavier pistons in 360?
Since I bored mine to 378 and fitted pistons 30 grams lighter its a lot smoother ( which is why it first hit 11,500rpm+, lack of vibes)
Didn't some 350's have 360 degree cranks and some 180 degree?
PJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts