Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the jetting, are CB350 carbs the same as CB360 carbs? I believe the 360 carbs are bolted together as an assembly, but is the individual carb the same as the 350 version? Based on the few pics I've seen, they look visually similar.

The reason I ask is that one of the carbs on my 350 is pitted inside, the bowl has holes and bowl drain screw hole is totally stripped, so I'd like to keep my eye open for a cheap replacement. If the 360's are usable, I'll change my searches in eBay and such.

Thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
They do look similar, although I'm not sure the bowls will swap. I don't have a 350 to compare to, it looks like the 350 bowls are a little more square than the 360. The general ebay vendors don't list the bowl gaskets as fitting both so I'd be surprised if they did.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I may have a spare bowl and/or carb body if you're interested.
I have to check the condition...

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Here ya go, buddy:

Not in perfect shape. They guy I got these carb bodies from had them rolling around w/o the bowls on, so...
Both have some slight damage to the top of the pilot jet tube (or whatever it's called... where the pilot jet screws in and the rubber plug goes.
The right side has a chunk missing, but I think the rubber passage plug would still seal it.
The left has a crack.
My feeling is you could use Permatex Liquid Metal Filler, or similar, to seal the crack and build up the missing material. It's gasoline resistant, so... I've used it to successfully repair a crack on one of my carbs, although it wasn't right inside the bowl. Maybe ask the opinion of others more knowledgeable than myself.
Here are pictures:

RIGHT: You can see the chunk missing.

RIGHT: From this perspective, you can see it isn't too far down the stalk.

LEFT: Here is the crack on the left stalk.

LEFT: It continues this far down.

LEFT: A view from the top. You can see here that it looks like it took a hit from the side causing the crack.

Anyway, despite the damage, they may be in better shape than what you currently have. You're welcome to them for whatever it costs to ship to you. I should point out, they have been stripped of almost all components, so it's just the bodies. You would have to transfer everything over from your current setup. Feel free to pass if it sounds like too much of a PITA.

As far as float bowls, I need to look around in the basement. They're from a different set of carbs and are in a box somewhere.

I hope this is helpful.

EDIT: They're 3D carb bodies, in case you were wondering and/or that information is useful...

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much Bryan for taking the time to dig them out and take the closeup pics, really appreciate it. If you don't mind, I'm going to pass. Looking at them, my current one looks to be in better condition, so I think I'll stick with mine for the time being and see how they work out.

Again, I really appreciate you going out of your way to take the pics.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
HerrDeacon said:
Thank you very much Bryan for taking the time to dig them out and take the closeup pics, really appreciate it. If you don't mind, I'm going to pass. Looking at them, my current one looks to be in better condition, so I think I'll stick with mine for the time being and see how they work out.

Again, I really appreciate you going out of your way to take the pics.
No problem at all. They were laying around disassembled already, it only took a few minutes.
I don't blame you on passing... they were in worse shape than I remembered.
Also, the float bowls I have are junk. They came off of carbs that looked like yours (weird, white deposits, pitting, etc.) probably even a little worse. Too bad...

I guess there are always Mikunis.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I've noticed other people having issues with these bowls as well, must have been some bad alloy used in them or something, don't seem to last.

I've thought about the Mikuni's but they are outside the budget at the moment. Maybe down the road a bit. Love the Mikuni's on my KZ, very easy to work on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts