Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been lookng for the 350 emblems for the sidecovers of my 72 CB and found that they are kinda expensive. NOS are like $60-$80. I had one emblem that some PO had spray painted black, and I found another at a swap meet last night for $3.00. Since that $3.00 tapped out my motorcycle budget for like the rest of the month here is what I did. I know the red is too bright and some purists probably want to hurt me right now for painting these badges but like I said, they are expensive, I'm broke (OK, not technically, but I'm married so it's basically the same thing as being broke), and this is my first attempt with these. I still have some touch up to do on it. One of these days I'm gonna figure out the right size to resize images for this forum so they aren't too big or too small. sorry about the size

Before....

And after....

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
You are correct, the red is a little bright but otherwise they look excellent.

I don't know what technique you used to restore them but here is the process I used for my 450 stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=639&start=350

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the before and after for them. Like I said, I still have some touch up to do but they are basically done

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The technique is used was very simple. I cleaned them, sprayed them flat black, and then used Estes model paint and a very very very small paintbrush. :D. Im thinking about spraying them with some of that translucent smoked tail light spray stuff before I clearcoat them to tone down the red and the silver since my whole bike is black.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I darkened up the red a little. It's not perfect, but it's closer than the bright flaming red it was before.

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1 on the darker red, did you do it free hand?

Need to do mine, along with polishing of the front forks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, free hand. A very small brush, a set of Estes model paints and a lot of time. :D By the way, your the first person I've seen on here from anywhere nearby. Hello from another Ohioan. I'm in Elyria. Go Buckeyes and Thank God for the Browns finally winning a game. :D :D :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
10-4 on the Brownies

I am up that way from time to time, Fairview in Cleveland. That's the dude I got the 350 from, and still do ridin' and wrenchen' and some drinkin with :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife is a Physical Therapist at Fairview Hospital. I'm there all the time. I just rode the 350 through Fairview on Friday. If your ever up this way riding or looking for parts PM me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will do

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Put them on last night and I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts