Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks

I'm at the point of trying to get the SL350 K0 going - and it's got a spark and everything, but it won't fire. I'm trying to eliminate causes of failure and I'd like to rule out weak sparks caused by knackered coils (new plugs, carbs overhauled, timing set and re-checked and so on). I know fuel is getting into the carbs, and the plugs have fuel on them after spinning it over a few times. It could be air filters - the ones that came with the bike are pretty grim lookin' - but right now I wanna see what I can eliminate from the electrical side of things.

I've got my CB450 K6 in bits right now, with a new set of coils sat on the side. What I'm wondering is whether I can try the coils on the 350 to see if they make any difference? Looking on the parts fiche, they're different part no's, but I can't see whether that's just the size/shape, or whether they're electrically different bits of kit.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill

I'm not convinced the coils are the problem (might try swapping the caps first), but I thought I'd just make sure I wasn't going to melt/boil/burn anything . . .

It's so very close right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts