Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy who offered me a cb 360...i'm always up for another bike to lay about my meat locker, but i want to know if anything off of this 360 (not sure of the year yet) works with my 350. it makes aquiring this bike more worthwhile for me. just wondering what i can steal off of it for mine (mostly interested in the carbs and some motor pieces) thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Woody32 said:
.....but i want to know if anything off of this 360 (not sure of the year yet) works with my 350. ....

Basically, no, nothing of any import.
The rectifier/regulator, maybe, that's about it........

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He says it is a 350 enduro not a 360. he says enduro that makes me think a cl maybe? how about anything off of that motor?

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
CL 350's would have basicly the same engine and carbs as the CB 350...
SL 350's (more likely to be mis-named as an enduro) use a different head and carbs, but the engine as a unit bolts in.....either 350's or 360's could provide forks, wheels , electrical components, switch units, etc....

An XL 350 (single cylinder) wouldn't offer a lot of interchanges, but take ANY free bike, providing appropriate paperwork is included ... (Preferably a title, but minimum of a notarized Bill of sale showing VIN or serial number)...Pics of the "new" bike will help us identify possible parts swaps.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we are going to try and work something out this weekend. its sitting behind an old barn and i seriously doubt there is any paperwork for it. i just want it for the parts really, even though I hate contributing to the delinquency and overall destruction of any old bike. but the way this state is treating me, no papers and its a no deal to try and get it running. right now if I want papers for anything I have to go through a friend in NY or MT. we'll see though, I have my fingers crossed

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The paperwork is to prove you LEGALLY obtained the bike, NOT to put it on the roadway.....

IF he has no paperwork, How do you know the bike isn't stolen?
(Not necessarily by him, it could have been several "owners" back)

A signed, Notarized, BOS stating the VIN/serial and that he has ownership and is legally transferring it to you covers YOUR ass.....

....Receiving stolen goods carries jail time......Even a "rag" bike is Grand Theft: Auto....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately, in my short time in PA I have already run into similar problems. I thought a simple BOS wouldn't cover anything. If I have a bill of sale, can I register the bike? It was explained to me that with no documents there is no way you'll get anything registered or retitled. can you apply for a lost title or new title with just a BOS? either way, i'm a little weary of messing with any questionable bike right now. in every other state I have lived in it was easy to find an old barner, get it running and re-title and sell it with without having recieved any paperwork in the firstplace. all it took was a simple vin etching to prove it was the actual numbers and that it isn't reported stolen

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used international title service for my bike here in North Carolina. They register it in the State of Maine, I'd hope they check for stolen property before handing out plates. The 150 bucks is pricey though :roll: ...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Woody... Awaiting exactly what the 'gift' bike is as you won't need that clutch basket if it's a CB, CL, or SL 350.....
When I lived in PA, you could get an "assembler's title" (reconstructed)...You just had to have receipts for all the components....The BOS would be one of the receipts you could use....

Berry.... Vehicles titled by the method/means that company uses HAVE later turned up being claimed by an "owner' who has an original title or proof of ownership....Several discussions previously on group here.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
BerryDuffman said:
I used international title service for my bike here in North Carolina. They register it in the State of Maine, I'd hope they check for stolen property before handing out plates. The 150 bucks is pricey though :roll: ...
$150 is not expensive. Here in WA I did it the legal way with a VIN inspection and it took me just over $200 to get it registered, and I still have to wait 3 years before I get a title. In the future, I'll probably use the title service and be done with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts