Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for complete, damaged or bobbed CL77 and CL72 front fenders and fender brace bracket/ stays. I am in the process of restoring a couple scramblers (one 305 and one 250) that unfortunately fell victim to the bobbing phase from back in the day. I still have the back part of the fender support brace and figured I could try weld two bobbed support bars together to complete one. If you have any fenders stays that were chopped or damaged please let me know, I will be happy to take them off your hands. If successful I will definitely share the work so others may do the same since scrambler fenders and accessories are getting harder and harder to come by (for a reasonable price that is).
Anything you have related to CL77 or CL72 front fenders, 8 or 6 hole, complete or not, that you are willing to part with please let me know. I'm very open to varying part conditions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I had half a brace 1.jpg I had a cb750 fender 2.jpg after a little test fit, I ground the rolled lip off the fender. I took 2 half-inch stainless rods, and used a lathe to turn down an inch and a half till it made a snug fit in what was left of the brace 3.jpg
then, I took aluminum tubing and 'canoed' part of it, than warmed it up and folded the ends around to mate with the steel dowels.
4.jpg now that i know it all fits, I'll strip the chrome, plug the old holes and paint it clown silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. Hunting around a bit I did find a private vendor in Ohio that appears to have a lot of NOS, used and reproduction parts for the 60s 305 motorcycles. It looks like they have fenders for a pretty decent price so I'll look in that.
Phil71, you did a nice job repairing your fender stay. It definitely looks good enough for my taste, so if I could do something like that I think I would be plenty happy.
bwbentley, I'm sending you a PM now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts