Honda Twins banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Here's a picture that may help. The star shaped piece in the upper part of the photo is attached to shift drum. It has an arm that ratchets back and forth to change gears. Sometimes the phillips screw holding the star wheel on comes loose and lets the arm come off track, causing you to be unable to put the bike in gear. Attached is the link to the post I got the picture from, it also has a video of it shifting. Also don't forget to FIRST confirm the drive chain has not come apart and is lying bunched up in the chain cover. If none of this makes sense to you I'm sorry, but you need to take it to an experienced mechanic.
I do appreciate you time and help. I checked the chain and it seems fine. I'll take the clutch back out and check the parts behind it. I enjoy working on it and don't mind learning new stuff. I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again.

· Registered
1,711 Posts
She runs which is a start.

Drain oil ( and filter it thru several layers of kitchen tissue or similar ) ...

When clutch off take pictures, see CMSNL.com....

The spring loaded lever with two hooks that face each other, is that stuck ?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
She runs which is a start.

Drain oil ( and filter it thru several layers of kitchen tissue or similar ) ...

When clutch off take pictures, see CMSNL.com....

The spring loaded lever with two hooks that face each other, is that stuck ?
I will start taking the clutch out again tomorrow and look at the parts behind it. An old retired friend of mine that used to tear these things down said he would come by and walk me through it and was sure we could get it freed up. I'll update as I continue. Thanks for the advice.

· Registered
3,672 Posts
Pull the right side cover off and remove the neutral switch (two screws) near the front sprocket, in case it's interfering with the shift drum turning.

Reactions: suejenn
41 - 44 of 44 Posts