Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I've been thoroughly searching for some direction with this issue and just want some advice on where to start....i've currently got 3 TS flashing (dimly and fast) and the front left does nothing when switched on for TS. Also when left on running lights only the opposite filament stays lit, which I've deduced from the apparently correct behavior of the right TS which shines bright at this time. Further, I have tried switching the the wire from the stem in the bucket but no difference, in fact I only get power to the wrong filament if both wires are connected from the stem. Not the case with the right side which works only if connected to the lt blue/white and the blinkers only work if connected to the solid lt blue.

Where to go next? I have a multimeter but only know how to use to check battery nothing else or what is meant by checking for shorts or bad grounds. Lol, bare with the kid because I listen well and love to learn.

·
Sensei
27,096 Posts
Check the ground wires to both sides first.....Then consider swapping the bulb positions up front.....Post results....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I checked continuity from each of the 4 TS wires to the ground and beeps all around...i also switched wires and the right side lit up as if it were on the left perfectly so I suspect the ground on the left stem nut or the wires themselves

Snapchat-1358679752278985154.jpg
Snapchat-6077691031486676380.jpg
Snapchat-2905540480567746376.jpg
Snapchat-4426317610851959417.jpg

Notice the homemade ground is on the working right side

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so mission a success!!! I got everything blinking like they forgot to bring visine...so based on my last post I inspected the bulb socket itself and it seems the contacts in socket itself are touchy...is this a loose connection and can be fixed somehow?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The socket can be removed and disassembled. It's just a cup holding a flat piece Phenolic board with 2 wires solder to it forming the buttons for contact. There's a spring underneath to keep it pushed against the bulb. By pushing the wires into the socket that board will move out so you can get to it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Okay so mission a success!!! I got everything blinking like they forgot to bring visine...so based on my last post I inspected the bulb socket itself and it seems the contacts in socket itself are touchy...is this a loose connection and can be fixed somehow?
Outstanding! You have learned one of the most useful functions of a multimeter. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lights are a go. I would like to thank everybody who helped with these task lol. Put her back together and took her out and made as many left turns as possible :D

Snapchat-4597698484626035046.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Word of warning (I'm and electrical engineer) that homemade ground will warm up that nut. Is it only held on by electrical tape? This WILL cause problems over time, should work for a couple of times but you need to find a more permanent solution for the years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts