Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some photo's of my 1965 Suzuki T10 Crusader and 1962 Yamaha YD3. Both are 250cc stokers. Also have a '62 CA72 to fill out the touring set but didn't take out of shop today. My '67 305 Dream is also in one picture. These models all competed with each other for the touring and commuting market.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Flower

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think they were all very inspired by the 50's continental Europe motorcycles. Especially the NSU Max 250 of course, and probably the DKW (copied by everyone, I think the designs were given away after the war as reparations, even Harley made a DKW model...), the Puch 250. But also the Czech Jawa. The late 40's Jawa 250 and 350 two stroke twins were technologically extremely advanced (and beautiful) when they came out. So good that they continued to manufacture them with a few changes I think even up to today. And even more impressive was the Jawa 500 OHC twin from the same era (late 40's, early 50's).

Huge brakes, unit construction, OHC, telescopic forks, rear suspension... These things weren't the norm back in those days, and the brake size might actually be the most impressive thing for that era.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dad had a very similar Suzuki when I was young (for about a month before my mom made him sell it) and riding on the back is one of my earliest motorcycle memories. About 2 years after he bought me a Z50 and the rest is history. Beautiful bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts