Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Chris (12ozPBR) went, and my local riding buddy Ray (Rayminator, only 4 posts here) also went. Chris had the week off and might not get any pictures uploaded before having to travel back to his job tomorrow, not sure if Ray took any. Nice selection of pics, Dale... the first few look like they were taken on the hill where the VJMC show was last year. The 450 in the last pic looks interesting - is that some kind of ignition on the oil filter end of the crank? Seems to have wiring running out of that add-on cover

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris (12ozPBR) went, and my local riding buddy Ray (Rayminator, only 4 posts here) also went. Chris had the week off and might not get any pictures uploaded before having to travel back to his job tomorrow, not sure if Ray took any. Nice selection of pics, Dale... the first few look like they were taken on the hill where the VJMC show was last year. The 450 in the last pic looks interesting - is that some kind of ignition on the oil filter end of the crank? Seems to have wiring running out of that add-on cover
That 450 is a race bike some of the club members are building. It isn't finished yet, but they brought it for everyone to see the progress so far. It was an old racer in the past and they are bringing it back from the ashes. Yes, that part on the right side is a vintage electronic ignition. It looks like it might be destroyed pretty easily in a crash, though. It has an external oil filter and a bunch of internal engine mods, and a 4LS Suzuki front brake.

P1030331.JPG

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I did wonder about the 4LS front hub and brake, ought to work really well - and I love the dual cable lever for it, very cool. So the bike is running a full charging system and small battery? Couldn't exactly see in the pics. Also, if they aren't running points, they could use a right intake cam bearing cap on the left exhaust with the points shaft stub removed from the cam

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
That 450 is a race bike some of the club members are building. It isn't finished yet, but they brought it for everyone to see the progress so far. It was an old racer in the past and they are bringing it back from the ashes. Yes, that part on the right side is a vintage electronic ignition. It looks like it might be destroyed pretty easily in a crash, though. It has an external oil filter and a bunch of internal engine mods, and a 4LS Suzuki front brake.

View attachment 292338
Some interesting bracing goin on there too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went all three days!!! My first time to go. There was just too much to see and experience......highly recommend it. There is something for everyone. Just about every kind of motorcycle in some form or shape. Thanks for posting your pictures.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been to all 15 years and even though this year was over the top hot weather it was one of the best Vintage Festivals yet. Lots to do see and hear.

Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts